Information and Communication Technologies
PRK is the law firm of choice for the ICT sector in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. We provide our ICT clients with first-rate legal support across a wide spectrum of topics and projects. We are able to create a fit-for-purpose legal strategy for all ICT players ranging from innovative start-ups to global corporations.
In particular, we advise our ICT clients on the following areas of growing importance:
- Data privacy and protection (GDPR, e-privacy, PSD2, online identifiers) and other regulatory and compliance matters
- Artificial intelligence, robotics, industry 4.0
- Autonomous driving, connected cars, e-mobility
- Shared economy and innovative monetization concepts
- Fintech, cryptocurrencies, blockchain
- Start-up creation, strategy, management and financing
- Big Data and e-government
- E-commerce, online advertising
- IP protection and enforcement
- Online gaming, streaming services, audio and video on demand
- IT contracts
- Complex ICT infrastructure projects
- Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring in ICT
- Disputes in ICT sectors, arbitration, mediation
We advised a client on its contracts with software developers, the legal aspects of artificial intelligence (AI), and IP and data protection issues in its service agreements with major global IT and telecommunications companies.
We helped a client draft and negotiate a software development, support and maintenance agreement for its key CRM system, was used across several jurisdictions.
We represented the majority owner of Zoom International in key IP-related matters in a demerger project and in subsequent investment in the demerged entity.
We provided legal support to an IT company in a major project about providing private customers with regulatory information online.
We registered EU and US trademarks for the computer games Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, developed by the Czech company SCS Software s.r.o. Our work included proving the acquired distinctiveness of the Euro Truck Simulator 2 EU trademark.