Personal Data Protection Notice
1. Indentification of the controller
The Controllers of your personal data are PRK Partners s.r.o. attorneys at law, with its registered office at Jáchymova 26/2, Prague 1, 110 00, Czech Republic, company registration number: 26692392 and PRK Partners s. r. o., with its registered office at Suché Mýto 1, 811 03 Bratislava, Slovak Republic, company registration number: 35 978 643.
This Privacy Notice explains why and how we collect and process your personal data and provides information about your rights related to the processing of your personal data.
Personal data means any information which can be used to identify you or which is attributable to you as a natural person. Any other terms used throughout this Privacy Notice shall have the same meaning as defined in the Regulation 2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“General Data Protection Regulation”)
Please do not send us any of your personal data if you do not want them to be used in the ways described in this Privacy Notice.
In particular, we may collect and use your personal data in connection with:
- providing information you requested through an information request form;
- delivering our legal services;
- existing relationship between you and our clients;
- your interest to cooperate and the cooperation itself;
- the protection of our legitimate interests;
- your visit at our premises;
- using our website; and
- the distribution of our offers and other marketing communication.
3. Personal data collection
We will collect personal data directly from you, from our clients or their counterparties and their representatives.
We may also collect personal data from third parties such as public authorities, your employer, business partners or publicly available records – databases.
We may collect current or past personal data including your name, contract details, identification, organization, employment, positions and enquiry/complaint details. We may also collect personal data about your other dealings with us and our clients, including any contact we have with you in person, by telephone, email or online.
Our objective is to process only current and accurate personal data. Therefore, please inform us about any changes to your personal data provided to us, by email, to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the above mentioned addresses.
If you are interested to cooperate with PRK Partners and you provide us with your personal data (whether directly or indirectly through a job search agency), we will only use such data within our internal selection procedure without disclosing them to any third party outside the firm. However, in exceptional cases, we may be required to disclose your personal data to third parties (e.g. at the request of public authorities).
4. Personal data processing
The processed personal data includes, but is not limited to:
- general identification details (e.g. name, title or position and your relationship to us or to our clients);
- contact details (e.g. postal address, email address and telephone number);
- financial data (e.g. payment-related information such as bank account number, payment details, invoices etc.);
- data concerning the use of our website (see CN);
- data provided by you in order to use our legal services;
- data provided by you in order to enter into a cooperation;
- personal data from our clients or their legal representatives as part of performing a legal services agreement;
- video recording from our camera system;
- any additional data provided by you at your discretion for the specific purpose of processing.
Therefore, in relation to the purposes mentioned in the introduction, we process following personal data:
- In case you request information through a contact form on our website, we process your general identification details and contact details, together with a short message/information that you have requested. The legal basis for such processing is namely performance of a contract, or other applicable purpose depending on the nature of your request.
- In relation to the provision of legal service and other than legal services (such as registration in the Register of Public Sector Partners in Slovakia), we primarily process your general identification details, contact details and financial information, any data necessary for the provision of the legal service or other than legal services and other information necessary to fulfil the contract on provision of legal services or other than legal services. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of our contract and compliance with our legal obligations.
- With regards to the existing relationship between you and our clients, we primarily process your general identification details, contact details (if necessary) and any other information that is necessary for the provision of the legal service to our client. The legal basis for this processing is the performance of the contract and legitimate interest of our clients to exercise and defend their legal claims.
- In case you are interested to cooperate with us and contact us via our website or via email, we process primarily your general identification details, contact details and in case you are applying for a position with PRK, also a CV, including a list of qualifications. The legal basis for this processing is an offer to conclude a contract and potential performance of a contract.
- To protect our legitimate interests, we ask you to provide us your identification details when you get in touch with us. This is necessary to comply with our professional obligations pursuant to Act no. 85/1996 Sb. on the legal profession and Act no. 253/2008 Sb. concerning certain measures against money laundering with respect to the Czech Republic, and Act no. 586/2003 Coll. on advocacy and Act no. 297/2008 Coll. on protection against money laundering and terrorist financing with respect to the Slovak Republic.
- When you visit our offices in Prague, you may be recorded on our security cameras that are installed at the front door, on a doorway and at the reception. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest to maintain the security of the premises and property.
- Whenever you visit our website, we may process your personal data collected via cookies, provided you enabled them on your device. For more information about processing your personal data via cookies, please refer to our cookie notice.
- We may send you our marketing communication, provided you gave us your explicit consent. If you are our client, we may send you our marketing communication provided you have not declined to receive such communication. You may opt-out from receiving our marketing communication anytime by sending an email to email@example.com.
We process your personal data both manually and by automated means. The manual processing is taking place in our premises in Prague, Ostrava and Bratislava.
5. Data retention
We process your personal data only for the time period necessary for the specific purpose. For example:
- When we process your data to perform a contract with you, we process your personal data for the duration of the contract and 10 years from the termination of the contract, in order to be able to defend any legal claims;
- In case we process your personal data to comply with a legal obligation, we process your personal data for the duration of the statutory period;
- For our legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the maximum duration of 3 years, while we have a short retention period for processing video recordings from our security cameras that does not exceed several days, unless an event occurred that needs to be investigated;
- In case we process your personal data based on your consent, we will process it until you withdraw your consent. Please note that withdrawal of your consent does not affect the legitimacy of the processing prior its withdrawal.
6. Disclosure and sharing of personal data
We do not sell or otherwise disclose your personal data to any other commercial entities.
We may share your personal data with third parties, if: (a) you have consented to such disclosure; (b) we are under a legal or professional obligation to do so (e.g. under anti-money laundering legislation); (c) it is necessary for the purpose of legal proceedings or in relation thereto, or to exercise or protect our rights; (d) we are required to disclose your personal data to new entities or third parties due to organizational changes within PRK Partners or in connection with the transfer of our business or any part thereof; (e) it is necessary to disclose your personal data to our clients, your employer, your professional advisors and our collaborating parties (e.g. involved in jointly organized events); (f) we disclose anonymous statistical data about our website users' browsing actions and related user information to reliable third parties, including browser providers and analysts. We may share your personal data with some reliable third parties in accordance with contracts entered into with them. They include, in particular:
- our professional advisors and auditors;
- suppliers to whom we outsource certain ancillary services, such as word processing, translation, photocopying and review of documents, notary services, registry administration and archiving services;
- IT technology providers;
- third parties involved in hosting or organizing of events or seminars.
Your personal data may be disclosed to public authorities, courts and law-enforcement agencies solely for the reasons set forth in this document and only if the disclosure complies with our confidentiality obligations. Unless prohibited by applicable laws and regulations, we will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you in advance of any such disclosure.
7. International data transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to countries located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). These countries may not offer the same level of protection as compared to countries located in the EEA.
To protect your privacy, we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA only: (i) to countries that have been granted an adequacy decision by the European Commission recognizing that they offer an adequate level of personal data protection; or (ii) to business partners that are contractually committed to put in place appropriate safeguards in respect of the transfer, for example, by entering into standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
8. Data sharing
We may share your personal data with other branch offices of PRK Partners.
We take appropriate precautions to ensure that personal data (in electronic or hard copy form) are kept securely and protected from unauthorized access, change or disclosure. Our information security policy is supported by a number of security standards, processes and procedures. We store information in access-controlled premises or in electronic databases requiring logins and passwords. We require our data storage (including registry administration and archiving services) providers to comply with relevant information security industry standards. All partners, staff and service providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Unless you inform us in writing that you request a specific security measures with respect a particular data that you transmit to us, we will use regular email and/or regular web communication services for transmission of such data between us.
11. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation and local data protection laws, you have the following rights:
You may request a confirmation that we process your personal data, for a copy of your personal data and/or for the correction of your personal data. In certain circumstances described in the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request erasure of your personal data. You can also object to processing of your personal data under certain conditions, as described in the General Data Protection Regulation (for example, when we process your data for our legitimate interests). You have a right to withdraw your consent, when the processing of your personal data is based on the consent. You also have the right to restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances and if applicable, to ask us to transfer some of your personal data to you or to other entities.In case you wish to exercise any of the above mentioned rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to the specificity of the legal profession and the connected processing activities, we may not be able to accommodate to some of your requests, particularly if they concern a specific legal claim that we defend.
We regularly review and update this document, and we reserve the right to make amendments hereto.
13. Processing of employee data and data of other legal professionals cooperating with PRK
Processing of employee personal data and personal data of legal professional cooperating with us, including the attorneys, partners etc., is subject to a separate privacy notice, available on our intranet.
14. Contacts and additional information
Postal Address for the Czech Republic: PRK Partners s.r.o. attorneys at law, Jáchymova 26/2, Prague 1 – Staré Město (Old Town), Postal Code: 110 00.
Postal Address for the Slovak Republic: PRK Partners s. r. o., Suché Mýto 1, Bratislava, Postal Code: 811 03.
Should you have any doubts about our compliance with any of the obligations relating to the processing of your personal data, you can also refer your complaint to the following supervisory authorities:
Czech Republic: Data Office for Personal Data Protection, with its registered office at Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, Czech Republic, Email: email@example.com, website: https://www.uoou.cz.
Slovak Republic: Office for the Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic, with its registered office at Hraničná 12, 820 07 Bratislava, Slovak Republic, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: https://dataprotection.gov.sk/uoou/sk.
Latest update: February 2021