PRK has its own internal tax team, providing high-calibre advice on direct and indirect forms of taxation.
We provide local and international clients with comprehensive advisory services, drawing on our expertise in tax and other areas of law, including structuring, financing, valuation services, corporate issues, acquisitions, joint ventures, securities, dispute resolution and real estate. Our team comprises specialised tax advisors trained in law and economics.
Our Tax Advisory practice includes the following areas:
- Tax registration: registering new taxable persons with the local tax authorities
- Tax transaction structuring: analysing transaction tax scenarios by identifying the optimal legal form for each transaction and providing comprehensive advice on business activities and holding structures
- Tax planning and advice: comprehensive tax advisory services to minimise your tax burden and improve your business efficiency, plus assistance on everyday tax issues
- Due diligence: legal and tax-related due diligence
- Tax litigation: comprehensive representation before tax authorities and courts on tax matters
- Avoidance of double taxation: advice on avoiding double taxation of income
- Real-estate (property) taxes: advice on real-estate transfers and development projects
- Insolvency and restructuring: working with attorneys to develop an effective tax structure for restructuring and reorganisations
- Tax returns: processing corporate income, individual income and other tax returns for clients, including large corporations
- Foreign postings: working with our Employment law team to provide comprehensive advice on cross-border posting of employees, both to and from the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Social security contributions: advice on health insurance and other social security contributions, including participation in compulsory insurance schemes abroad
We are a member of both Lex Mundi, which connects tax advisors throughout the world, and Celia Alliance, an international alliance of independent law and professional service firms specialising in labour and tax law.
A strong legal team on your side
Cross-border advice, including tax consulting, in connection with the transfer of business of several branches of a large European financial institution. This included a review of tax issues relating to the relocation of a loan portfolio.
Tax due diligence on the acquisition of the iconic Hotel Don Giovanni in Prague by Wenaasgruppen AS by a large family-owned investor from Scandinavia.
Comprehensive advice on the tax aspects of international assignments for staff at Jan Becher.
Tax advice to the investment fund RSJ Investments SICAV a.s.
Tax advice to CBRE on a merger, and representing the company during tax proceedings.